Hello CCC Family,
We are super excited to have the church doors open this Sunday, May 31st, for in person church services for anyone that chooses to attend.
Service will be at 10am, as usual, with the following protocols and measures in place as we follow mandatory CDC and CDPH guidelines for us to meet safely and respectfully for all involved.
In addition, some things to think about and be prepared for if you choose to attend service.
Most of this should not be a surprise. We all know the drill by now for going out anywhere in public these days.
WHAT ARE WE DOING TO PREPARE FOR SUNDAY?
- Praying for you and us. That the Holy Spirit will reign in this place and that we would bless Him.
- The whole church will be properly cleaned and disinfected before and after each service above and beyond our normal cleaning practices.
- The chairs will be arranged to provide the proper distancing between individuals and families when you are seated in the sanctuary.
- Masks will be required for everyone. We will be reminding you of that when you arrive on a large sign posted at the door. Please keep your mask on while here.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are mounted on the walls by the doors for your use.
- First and foremost: Prepare your heart in prayer ahead of time to worship and receive from the Lord even though this church experience may not be what we are used to and prefer and hope to get back to very soon.
- Bring your mask and please wear it at all times.
- As you arrive please read our short, 5 question “Screening” sign at the door before going inside.
- Please try to respect the social distancing guidelines and practices as much as possible.
- We will NOT be providing coffee, donuts, or any food items, including water. If you think you may need water or anything to drink, please bring your own.
- Yes! If you want to be here and feel comfortable enough to be here under the circumstances, we would love to see you!!
HOWEVER: IF, you are at all uneasy about being here, or most importantly, your normal health or immune system is already at all compromised, or you are considered high risk for any other reason (i.e. 65 years or older), we ask that you strongly consider staying home for now and waiting things out for some time before coming back to church.
- For those of you who are choosing not to come back in person just yet, for any reason, we totally understand, respect, and honor your decision. We are saving your seat.
- ALSO! If you are experiencing any symptoms of any kind of sickness at all, we ask that you PLEASE DO NOT COME to church until you are sure you are not sick.
- *For all of you that can’t or shouldn’t come back yet, we will continue our live streaming and video recordings of each service from now on (even after everything is back to normal). All of those services can be found on our website.
Thank you so much in advance for your understanding and cooperation and for choosing to be part of this family at CCC in the much larger family of the Body of Jesus Christ!!
We know this is not how we would really prefer to have church but are confident that the fact we are meeting at all in person will be a huge blessing to all of us and to the LORD.
We love you all and are praying for you all. We hope and pray that we will be back to meeting in a much more normal way very soon.
Lots of love in Christ!
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
The history of this church begins in 1949, originally called First Baptist Church of Capitola until 2004, when it became Capitola Community Church, a non-denominational church.
In January of 2012 we were affiliated with Calvary Chapel of Costa Mesa, founded by Pastor Chuck Smith, known for the "Jesus Movement" in the early 1970's, and became the church we are today, Calvary Chapel Capitola. Since then we have been blessed to see the Lord move in our church body and in our community, and we look forward to seeing what our Lord Jesus Christ has in store for us in the future.
For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
We believe that there is one way, and one way only, to the Father in heaven. His Son, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We want nothing more than to see His name lifted high in our church, in our city, and among the nations!
We teach verse by verse through the whole Bible but never get far from, and always come back to, Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
If you share this desire and are interested in being a part of it you will find service times below, and possible serving opportunities by clicking here:
More than anything, we just want to know Jesus and make Him known here at CCC! But as the world that we live in grows darker and the return of our Lord and Savior gets closer we believe that the charge of Romans 12:2 is more important than ever. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
This is the work of Christ in us, His children. And this is the work we want to be used for that we might grow together in Jesus, being transformed into His image, shining His light into the darkness, bringing the lost to salvation, and bringing glory to His name. That's why we believe in teaching and receiving the whole counsel of God. Teaching verse by verse and chapter by chapter, by the power of the Holy Spirit, we preach the life-changing, soul-saving gospel of Jesus Christ, which we believe is seen throughout all of Scripture. We also place a heavy emphasis on our worship to Him as a church family, in and from our hearts, through music and prayer because He is worthy to be praised.
As we seek to do our part in bringing the gospel to the ends of the earth, we support our international missionaries (who are now planting a church in Chile!) and will continue working toward seeing Capitola and Santa Cruz county reached as well.
We love God and love people! And our hope is that when you come to Calvary Chapel Capitola, it feels like home. So come join us as we continue to grow together in Him, and seek to take Jesus with us as we share His love and truth in our communities and abroad. As we seek to be, as Jesus said for us to be, "salt" and "light" in this world.
God bless, and hope to see you soon!
Pastor Dave Campbell
And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread and in prayers.
We have Sunday morning services every week @ 10:00am
And our mid-week service Wednesday nights @ 6:30pm
Calvary Chapel Capitola is located at 4575 Capitola Rd in Capitola, near 41st Avenue, the American Automobile Association (AAA), and the DMV.
Office Hours: Currently, our offices are closed. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Address: 4575 Capitola Road, Capitola, CA 95010
Sunday Service: 10am
Wednesday Night Service: 6:30pm
Join our contact list or sign up for our newsletter here